Skin Tightening Remove Wrinkles
There are no incisions or injections and, since the laser system cools the upper layers of skin while heating collagen down below, patients
experience minimal discomfort.
Patients generally notice immediate results following a laser skin tightening session, and further tightening is achieved over the next several months
as new collagen grows. Depending on the areas being treated, most patients require more than one skin tightening treatment to achieve maximum results,
but the effects are permanent. Unlike having a face-lift, laser skin tightening requires no recovery and does not stretch the skin – it causes the skin to tighten.
Laser Skin Tightening Risks
There are few risks associated with laser skin tightening. Because it does not involve any surgical incisions, skin tightening is a considerably
safer method for achieving younger-looking skin than face lift procedures, and it is less costly as well. Some clients experience temporary side effects
including warm or sensitive skin, a change in skin color, and localized bruising. Most laser skin tightening systems are equipped with efficient cooling
mechanisms to reduce the chance of patient discomfort.
What you can expect
- The number of treatment sessions required varies from patient to patient, usually it is between two to four.
- Each session lasts between 15 and 30 minutes, again it will vary depending on your individual needs.
- You will be able to resume normal activities after each session, however you may be given specific advise,
such as avoiding sun or abrasive skin cleansers on treated skin for a few days.
- After treatment, a cool compress or gel pack may be applied. If you do have any redness or swelling after treatment,
this should resolve in a couple of hours. Permanent side effects are rare however should be discussed with your provider.
- You should always follow specific instructions from your healthcare provider.
Laser Skin Tightening Recovery and Results
Laser skin tightening offers many of the same results as plastic surgery, without the lengthy recovery time. While the procedure cannot
remove excess skin, patients experience tightening of loose skin immediately, with less wrinkles in the treated area and a firmer, healthier-looking complexion.
Laser skin tightening requires no recovery after treatment because it is a non-surgical procedure that involves no incisions.